WordPress 3.0.2 mandatory security update
This is a mandatory security update for all previous WordPress versions.
This maintenance release fixes a moderate security issue where a malicious Author-level user could gain further access to the site. This release also addresses a handful of bugs, and provides some additional security enhancements.
- Fix moderate security issue where a malicious Author-level user could gain further access to the site.
Other bugs and security hardening:
- Remove pingback/trackback blogroll whitelisting feature as it can easily be abused.
- Fix canonical redirection for permalinks containing %category% with nested categories and paging.
- Fix occasional irrelevant error messages on plugin activation.
- Minor XSS fixes in request_filesystem_credentials() and when deleting a plugin.
- Clarify the license in the readme
- Multisite: Fix the delete_user meta capability
- Multisite: Force current_user_can_for_blog() to run map_meta_cap() even for super admins
- Multisite: Fix ms-files.php content type headers when requesting a URL with a query string
- Multisite: Fix the usage of the SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL constant for upgraded WordPress MU installs
List of Files Revised
wp-includes/ms-files.php wp-includes/version.php wp-includes/comment.php wp-includes/functions.php wp-includes/load.php wp-includes/canonical.php wp-includes/capabilities.php readme.html wp-admin/includes/plugin.php wp-admin/includes/file.php wp-admin/includes/update-core.php wp-admin/plugins.php